Thursday, April 3, 2008

anti-choice Americans

Though it took a lot out of me, after I read an article on Sen. John McCain on lifenews.com, I decided that I should visit the pro-choice america website. Well, I did, and I was informed by reading about McCain's record that he is anti-choice. No not pro-life, anti-choice. This little phrase, "anit-choice", has me extremely frustrated.

This website, run by the NARAL , rates McCain on how anti-choice he is, scoring him at 0% everytime. The astonishing thing to me is to see that people see this as a bad thing! I am not so naive to think that this pro-choice movement isn't happening, especially with the upcoming election, but it sickens be to think that there are people in this world that are advocating for the "pro-choice" cause.

Well, NARAL, if I am so anti-choice, because I do in fact consider myself pro-life, then why am I the one that is promoting the real choice that you are not? Why are the pro-lifers in this country the ones that are standing up and saying, if you do not want to bring a child into your current situation then think about adoption!, why are we the ones that are saying, think about your actions before a child is brought into this situation!... why are the pro-life advocates in this country so often referred to as anti-choice. I'm sorry but wake up, America! Your pro-lifers are, indeed, the ones promoting the choices. The "pro-choice" followers in this country don't really promote a choice, they promote one thing, and thats abortion. There are so many options that abortion doesn't even have to be considered - yet, it is all they promote. Abortion, my friends, is wrong -- there is no right way to look at it. So, please do not call me anti-choice when I am all about the choices that a woman and a man can make while they are awaiting the arrival of the new life that they have created.

Getting back to McCain, though, once again this website has based all of his records on how he voted against abortion and reproductive rights. I know it has been said time and time again, even on this blog, but there is so much more to the pro-life cause than just abortion. Don't get me wrong, it is a huge part of it but, not all of it! After reading the absurdities that these "pro-choice" advocates write about while promoting the Democratic Party it has made me realize just how important this issue is to me and, quite frankly, if this is what the Democrats stand for then maybe I don't want to associate myself with the Democratic party.

No comments: